Friday, March 24, 2017

High Five for Friday!

{one} This week I got to introduce babies to my work family. I am constantly reminded of God's goodness and grace and how He has provided for us through this job. I miss working every day with these amazing people, but I am so thankful that I still get to work with them on a part time basis. There is something incredibly special about having a boss that loves Jesus, who prays for you and your babies, and who just wants to be a blessing to everyone around him. He usually sends out a gift {lovingly embroidered by his precious wife} to the new babies at the bank, so I was really excited to receive our blankets for Eli and Maddie. Such a special gift! 


{two} I mentioned back in October that my dad had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He had surgery in December, which went well, but we have been waiting for his follow-up blood work to get the final answer on whether or not he was cancer free. And I am so glad to report that all of his tests came black clear, and he is officially cancer free! He will have to continue going in for routine testing to be sure he stays cancer free, but for now, he is all clear. Such a huge praise!

{three} Even though we are taking a break from full time vocational ministry, Mike has still had several opportunities to preach at a couple of churches. Because of bed rest and babies, it has been a LONG time since I have actually been able to go with him to hear him preach. So I catch his sermons online after the fact. This past week, I finally caught up on the last couple of sermons I had missed, and I was reminded of how amazing my hubby is. Jesus has truly gifted him with the ability to effectively communicate biblical truths, and I am constantly amazed at how he carefully and diligently crafts his sermons. I am so proud of him!

{four} Babies are officially sleeping through the night! WAHOO!! We put them to bed by 7:15 or 7:30pm, and they are sleeping until 7:30am. And it is absolutely glorious. I cannot tell you how amazing this really is. After months of not sleeping, and babies waking each other up....we finally are getting some real sleep. Thank you, Jesus!

{five} Babies are starting solids this weekend! Our pediatrician gave us the green light at their 4 month check-up, but I wanted to wait a little bit to see if their appetites increased a bit more before we jumped into solid foods. And we feel they are ready now! We will start with avocados and sweet potatoes, and see how it goes. We will spoon feed for a little bit, but eventually want to follow more of the Baby Led Weaning principles. Let the real mess begin! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment