Friday, January 8, 2016

High Five for Friday!

{one} Mike was asked to preach at Mercy Church this weekend. He has preached there several times before, and if you will remember, we attended their services for awhile after Redeemer closed. It was good to be back with some old friends, and I am thankful for the opportunities my husband has to utilize his gifts, even in this season without full-time ministry.

{two} BSF started back up this week, and it was good to be back in class. I have really enjoyed the Revelation study; it isn't at all what I expected, in a good way. I am thankful for the opportunity to meet with other women and dive deeper into the Word. Reading about the judgments and God's wrath is a bit unsettling, but it's also a reminder of His holiness and patient restraint on a world that rejects Him. He is sovereign, and He will one day make all things right again. I love reading about heaven and how the angels and elders worship the Lamb day and night.

{three} On Wednesday, I had my yearly check up with my GI. It was a great appointment; there was nothing new to report to my doctor, and he was very pleased with how well I am doing. I am so thankful for how the Lord has taken care of me and provided healing for my body. While there is no cure, and I will always deal with Crohn's, I am thankful for good doctors, medicine, and the last 6 months of sabbatical from full-time work. The latter has made all the difference in the world, as I feel better than I have in 3 years. I'm thankful to my sweet husband who works hard and makes sacrifices so I can have this time.

{four} Our church is promoting a Save the Date challenge for 2016. The challenge? Go on a date with your spouse at least 3 times a month for the whole year. Mike and I decided to participate, and we had our first date of the year last night. He showed up after work with flowers, and we headed to Lockhart Smokehouse in downtown Plano for dinner. It was a good night out with my love! I already have the year of dates planned, so I'm excited to spend some intentional time with my love doing some fun things!

Date #1 of 2016: Lockhart Smokehouse  :)

{five} Some old Redeemer families are getting together tonight for a game night, so we're excited to see some dear friends that we haven't been able to see recently. We miss McKinney and these sweet families, but we're thankful for the time we will get to hang out with them tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment