Tuesday, December 29, 2015

San Antonio Christmas

{I didn't take a lot of photos, but still wanted to have the memory of how we spent Christmas}  :)

We spent Christmas in San Antonio this year. We had planned to leave early Wednesday morning, but decided at the last minute to drive in late Tuesday night. Of course, that made for a happy mama, and it allowed us to sleep in and enjoy a full day with family.

On Wednesday morning, I helped my mom bake cookies. One of my favorite things about being home is early morning coffee with my mom, so the added bonus of baking cookies was even more fun. I got to open a Christmas present early so that I could use my new apron in the kitchen :)


That afternoon, we headed to see the new Star Wars movie {my opinion: eh} and enjoy some Mexican food at Mamacita's. 

Thursday was filled with preparations for Christmas with extended family. Just like when I was little, we spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. We headed to my grandma's house for dinner, presents, and lots of laughter. We had 2 white elephant gift exchanges, one with a nice gift, one with a gag gift. We ended up with a grilling tools set {nice} and a pair of rolling scissors {gag}.

Christmas was a balmy 80 degrees, but we spent the day in our pajamas, pretending it was cold outside {or at least I did}. We exchanged gifts, watched movies, played games, and enjoyed yummy food. The perfect way to celebrate with family :)


My dad gave my mom a giant Scrabble board for Christmas, so of course we had to test it out. We even got my dad to play! Between Christmas cookies and naps, we also found time to play a round or two of Wizard.

Saturday morning, I headed out to shop a couple of after Christmas sales. I normally don't mess with those sales, but we wanted a few new Christmas decorations for next year and didn't want to spend the money. So off to Michael's, Target, and Hobby Lobby I went; I'm proud to say that I was done by 9am. The only thing on my list I didn't find was a new tree, but our little bargain one from early in our marriage will do just fine for another year :)

We hosted my dad's family for lunch and dessert, and it was a nice time hanging out with aunts, uncles, and cousins. I was thankful that we had decided to stay through the weekend so none of our time with family felt rushed. 

I ended up getting the cold Mike had suffered with the past week, so the end of our stay was clouded by that, but we were thankful to have time to rest. Some of our best times are just hanging out and doing nothing with my parents and brother. 

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment