Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Getaway :: San Antonio Edition

This weekend I had the opportunity to head down to San Antonio. I have missed being home and have really just missed time with my parents. I know we saw them over Christmas, and we will actually be in SA again in March, but sometimes you just miss home. So thanks to Southwest rewards and the generosity of my parents, I was able to get a flight down to see them! :)

My flight was delayed, so I got in pretty late on Friday night, but it wasn't too late to enjoy some late-night cheesecake from the cheesecake factory! :)

White chocolate raspberry truffle...yum!

Saturday we slept in, enjoyed a French toast breakfast, and just spent the morning hanging out and catching up. That afternoon, my mom and I got to go to a bridal shower for my sweet friend Lauren, who is getting married in March. I am so glad I was able to be there to celebrate with her. The hostess had grown up in England, and so we had a traditional English afternoon tea- complete with the Royal Wedding playing in the background. Everything was so delicious, and it was such a sweet time celebrating Lauren. I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle!

With the soon-to-be Mrs. Ayala

After the shower, we headed to have dinner with my grandparents, aunt, and uncles. I am really glad I had the opportunity to see all of them, since I missed being home for the holidays. Unfortunately, I came down with a case of food poisoning, which was so sad. As miserable as that was, part of me was grateful for it (I know that sounds weird/crazy). But it was encouraging for me to be able to tell the difference between Crohn's symptoms and something that just didn't agree with my stomach. The food poisoning doesn't seem so bad in comparison, so it's just funny how your perspective changes...

Sunday we headed to church, enjoyed some fajitas at Alamo Cafe, then headed to the airport. I am so thankful for the time I had with my parents, but I was also glad to get home to Mike. I am excited that we get to see them again in a few weeks!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment