Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five for Friday!

I am SO happy it's the weekend. It's funny how 4 day weeks seem to be so much harder to get through sometimes.

{one} Last night, Mike and I enjoyed a fun date night. We made dinner together, then headed over to our favorite coffee shop for some drinks and a few rounds of Bananagrams. Even though he always beats me, I enjoy spending fun, quality time with my love  :)

{two} Today we had a Chili Cook Off at work to raise money for Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society. Our lovely receptionist Kirston (who just so happens to be a cancer survivor) planned the event, and it was a fun way to raise money and enjoy lunch with co-workers. Mike came up to the office and was a taste-tester for me, since I couldn't enjoy all the yummy chilis. But I still got to enjoy some, because Kirston made me my very own Crohn's-friendly portion...so sweet!

{three} And as if Chili lunch wasn't enough, we also had Birthday Celebration in the conference room. We celebrate with cake for all of the month's birthdays, and it is always a good time to see co-workers I normally don't get to. And, of course, it's always a good time to eat some good cake! It was certainly a day for food haha.

{four} Today also happens to be National Margarita Day. A whole day devoted to my favorite adult beverage! I texted Laura yesterday and told her how sad I was that a) I couldn't have a margarita (silly Crohn's and all your limitations), and b) I didn't get to see her today to enjoy a margarita with her. I told her to drink one for me...so hopefully she enjoys one today! :)

{five} I get to see my parents this weekend! I am so excited about heading to San Antonio after work today. Sadly, Mike won't be going, but I am secretly looking forward to a whole weekend by myself with them. I could use some good parental time!

Happy Friday friends! :)

Photobucket

1 comment: