Monday, December 10, 2012

Any Reason to be Crafty

I don't necessarily need an excuse to work on a crafty project, but in a weird way it makes me feel better when I do. I guess that's the justification process at its best...

My best friend Laura recently got engaged, so what better excuse to be crafty?? :) I still needed to find the perfect Christmas present for her, but my brain is clouded by thoughts of all things wedding right now. So this year, Laura got wedding-related Christmas presents!

Of course, with the next few months designated for wedding planning details, there will be more than enough of my fill for crafty time! ;)

Present #1: Wedding Day Countdown
She can count down the days to her wedding using a dry erase marker and then use the cute frame for something else later. I think I might have a thing for frames-as-dry-erase-boards right now...but they're so great!

[Pictures coming soon! Apparently I made a terrible typo...how awful!]

Materials: 4x4 frame from Michael's, scrapbook paper
Tools: Paper cutter, adhesive, printer
Total Project Cost: $8 (sales and coupons)

Present #2: Engagement Silhouette Frame
This is just a fun memory for their engagement anniversary :) Seriously- easiest DIY ever. I found the proposal shilhouette on google images, added the color and text in Pages, printed at Kinko's, and put it in a frame. Simple.


Materials: 8x10 black frame from Michael's, 8.5x11 color print from Kinko's
Tools: Pages program on my Mac, paper cutter (to trim down the print)
Total Project Cost: $7.50 (the color print at Kinko's was $1.34 for an 8.5x11 cardstock)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Erin, this is awesome and so cute! I especially love the count down, but the picture looks like it says "Mrs. and Mrs." Am I missing out on something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- oh my gosh! Nicki, I didn't even notice that until you said that haha. Laura didn't even say anything!!

      Delete