Thursday, April 23, 2009

Whirlwind Week

Wow. I just caught my breath after such a whirlwind week! As crazy as it was, and despite the fact I am utterly exhausted…part of me is strangely energized by the fact that I had one of the busiest weeks I have had in a really long time. And that’s a really good thing, something I am very grateful for, considering how long I have been without activity. But boy was it insane!

I started things off well, by heading to Pine Cove for the Woodcreek Women’s Retreat. This was such an awesome weekend! I know I have mentioned how much I love my church before, but I was so grateful for the opportunity to spend a restful weekend with such beautiful women of God. The theme of the weekend was “Praising God in Every Season,” so it was such a blessing for me at this time in my life. From car-ride sing-alongs with Lindsey, to playing catch phrase in the cabin, to having a dance party in our pajamas with all of the women of the church, to standing by the lake in awe of His wonder…it was an awesome weekend! I got to spend the weekend praising God, relaxing, enjoying His beautiful creation, and just hanging out with the sweet girls in the 20s group. It was most definitely a “retreat” for me, and the perfect way to start all the new things in my life.

Here is a picture of the 20s group of girls who were at the retreat:



As soon as I got back into town, I dove right into preparing for my licensing exam. I spent pretty much every waking moment preparing. I spent 3 days in a prep course, trying to learn the ins and outs of the insurance business. Let me just say that I had awful flashbacks to my college days lol. It was a massive amount of information in a short period of time. I was definitely nervous to take my exam this morning, to say the least. But God was SO GOOD, and I passed my exam!!! Just barely (I made it by the skin of my nose!), but I passed the first time. I have never been so happy to make a C in my life! So I am now official. I am a licensed General Lines Property & Casualty Insurance Agent in the state of Texas. I do have to say that it was a complete miracle from God, considering my lack of preparation time, and lack of knowledge on the subject. But I was able to walk into my new office with my head held high, because I passed! And I can now sell you personal or commercial lines of insurance- haha. (Well, I actually have to send my test scores and fingerprints to TDI, and then they will issue me a license. Details).



Since I have been in a classroom all week, or holed away studying, I haven’t had a chance to set up my new office. So I will spend the rest of the week doing that. Well, perhaps I should be fair and say that I have a new cube. LOL. It’s actually a nice little cube…a corner cube in fact- hehe. But it’s mine, and I couldn’t be more excited! I am trying to brainstorm on ways to personalize my new space…if you have any suggestions, let me know. I will spend a lot of time in the cube, and my boss wants me to personalize it. I will try to grab a picture when I have time…because you care so much.

And as if things weren’t crazy enough, in the midst of all retreat, my exam, starting a new job…I am in the midst of packing because I move this weekend! My new lease officially started yesterday, and I actually went by to see my new apartment during lunch today. It was a fun feeling to walk in the door and know that I live there now. My parents are coming into town and I have recruited some of my brother's friends to help. It will be a busy weekend, but I am excited to finally move!

No comments:

Post a Comment