Thursday, April 16, 2009

Movin on Up...To a Deluxe Apartment in the Sky

Today I signed a lease for my new apartment! I can't tell you how absolutely EXCITED I am about this. I have been "moving" for 4 months- lol. No really, I have. I gave my 60 day notice with a plan to move out at the end of December. But when I lost my job and found myself without another to replace it, I was forced to go month to month on my lease. Each month I would give my apartment a new move-out date...each month thinking that within the next 30 days I would be moving. Sigh. And the commute the past 10 weeks with the temp job has been murder. I never want to live more than 20 minutes away from anything again- lol. This morning my usual 50 minute commute took me 1 1/2 hours because of a bad accident. I am more than ready to move closer to work. I will still face traffic, but I won't have to go as far! It's closer to work, BSF, (and Laura!) and it's not any farther from my church.

And now I get to move for real! I have to say that I absolutely LOVE my new apartment. It is much larger than my current apartment. It's in a great location, close to major shopping and restaurants, yet tucked away next to a golf course. I just have to dote a little on my apartment because I am super excited...it has a direct-access garage (which means no neighbor below me), it is on an outside wall (which means one less neighbor beside me), it has a fireplace, and I even got to splurge for a second bedroom! I no longer have to share my room with Sasha...she gets her own room- lol. Her massive kennel will no longer crowd my personal space. I plan to make "Sasha's Room" a multi-function study/scrapbook and craft room/guest bedroom. And since there is a second bathroom, no one has to go into my bedroom to get to one...which is a really nice bonus.

Here are a few pictures of my new home. As soon as I get my keys and move in, I will make sure to show you inside:




Ok. Enough doting. I am just so grateful for how God has provided for such a fun place to live. Because it is only from His hand that I was even able to sign a lease today. My parents will come up next weekend, and my brother has recruited some of his friends to help make the move across town. I am SO excited and can't wait! Thank you, Lord, for sweet blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new apartment!! It looks amazing--I can't wait to see it and spend lots of time in it! Maybe I'll just move into Sasha's room...

    ReplyDelete