Wednesday, April 15, 2009

em • ployed, adj.-

em • ployed, adj.- working; having your services engaged for; utilized; put to use; having a job especially one that pays wages or a salary
After long months of prayer and waiting, God has finally spoken through the stillness: I got a job offer today!!! I cannot put into words the relief and joy that flooded my day! It was as though the floodgates burst open and all of the long-awaited blessings came gushing out. The days of uncertainty for this trial are over. I am super excited about this new opportunity, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store.
I will be making a career jump...from event coordination to insurance. Which is so completely random, and yet so completely God. I have to admit: it was hard to let go of my dreams. It was difficult to walk away from all that I had worked and hoped for. I would be lying if I said I let it go without a fight. And yet while I wrestled with God, He slowly opened my grip and gently nudged me to take that last step of faith in a long series of steps of faith. I really had to question Him on this one: Insurance, Lord? Really? It was something that was so far out of the realm of my thinking that I just couldn't believe He could possibly use me there. And yet, here I find myself...and overjoyed, no less!
One by one, God closed the doors on event coordination. It was a painful process, but one I had to endure. I don't think God has closed them for good; but I do think He has other things to do with me before He lets me go back to those dreams. And after deep prayer, and ultimately complete surrender, I am ok with that. And so now in faith, I am walking through the door that God has swung open for me...God has good plans for me. And I can't wait to see what He will do in the coming months...
So, ummm....I HAVE A JOB! I just like saying it- haha. I have a job. I am employed. I can join the ranks of employment again. What a blessing from God, especially in this troubled economy and failing job market. I really like the company I will be working for. Over the past 10 weeks in my temporary work with them, I have grown to enjoy the people I work with. I am unsure of what exactly is ahead for me, as I am diving into something that is outside my comfort zone, or really my realm of knowledge. But I do know that this is the place God has for me, and I know that He will be with me every step of the way. His timing is perfect, His gifts are good, His blessings are abundant. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment