Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Shaped by the Promise

I was able to spend the weekend with some of the women in our church for our annual women's retreat! I was part of the retreat planning team, and I helped put together welcome bags for the women attending. We had a "bag assembly" night, and I am so thankful for all of the servant-hearted women, willing to spend an evening getting things ready :)




We headed out to Front Royal and got to stay in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The weekend was filled with Biblical teaching, worship through song, and small group discussion. There was also plenty of sweet fellowship, beautiful weather, and laughter.



Our theme for the weekend was "Shaped by the Promise." Our speaker, Shannon Popkin, led us through the story of Sarah and Abraham, and how the made and kept His promises. We learned to trust God and go without knowing, and what it looks like to live by faith and not fear.

Welcome Team!


I love that our church worships in multiple languages!



Thankful for these faithful prayer warriors!


On Saturday afternoon, we had free time, so I joined a group heading into the downtown area for the Festival of Leaves. There were several vendors lining the streets, and it was just so nice to be outside in the beautiful fall weather.

This tree made me think of my orange-loving Aiden!

Grateful for these sweet ladies!


We made it back to the hotel in time for a crochet workshop! I haven't crocheted in years, so it was fun to revive this old hobby. I was amazed at how quickly it came back to me. Turns out it was like riding a bike, but I am a terrible teacher haha! I'll need to practice a little more to get to the point where I can actually help others. But I really enjoyed spending the afternoon chatting and laughing with the other women.





This was my second retreat at CBC, and my heart is just full with all of the Lord's answered prayers. I loved spending time with these sweet women, from multiple cultures, and deepening our relationships with the Lord and each other. I love their hearts and desire to love Jesus deeply and serve Him more. I was so encouraged by this weekend away, and I look forward to how the Lord uses each of us to better love and serve our families and community.



When the weight of the world begins to fall
On the Name of Jesus I will call
For I know my God is in control
and His purpose is unshakeable

Chorus:
Doesn't matter what I feel
Doesn't matter what I see
My hope will always be
In Your promises to me
Now I'm casting out all fear
For your love has set me free
My hope will always be
In your promises to me

As I walk into the days to come
I will not forget what You have done
For you have supplied my every need
And Your presence is enough for me

[Chorus]

You will always be more than enough for me (x2)
Nothing's gonna stop the plans You've made
Nothing's gonna take Your love away
You will always be more than enough for me

[Chorus]

-- Your Promises, by Elevation Church



No comments:

Post a Comment