Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmastime is Here

I had every intention of posting a Holiday Bucket List, but then I decided not to. Not because I didn't want to do fun things or make sweet memories with my kiddos. But because I just wanted to enjoy this season with them, just seeing what fun activities came up along the way. Plus, we faced a lot of sickness and toddler challenges, so we needed a little bit of at-home calm this year.

And it was the best decision for us! This Christmas season has felt just a tad less crazy, simply because I wasn't trying to do all the things. And it was perfect. We still did lots of fun Christmas-y type things. But I wasn't trying to plan out every single day, schedule in this activity here or there, etc. My heart definitely needed that this year.

So without further ado...here is a look back on some fun Christmas activities we got to do together this year :)


Decorate Christmas Cookies
This was a little harder than I had planned because the icing I bought wasn't as easy to squeeze out of the tube. But Eli and Maddie didn't seem to mind, and they LOVED getting to eat their creations afterward!







Make Christmas Cards
We spent a morning working on some Christmas cards for family. Eli and Maddie worked really hard on coloring and sticker-ing their cards, and they were so excited to work on these for all the people they love.




Dollar Store Christmas Finds
I found a couple of fun activities at Dollar Tree, and they made for some fun activities! I found some Christmas magnet puzzles, which we used on the mini-cookie sheets I had bought for our road trip this past fall. I also found a small felt Christmas tree and snowman that Eli and Maddie could decorate. I'll tuck these away for next year too; Dollar Tree for the win!






Make a Gingerbread House
This was a fun project to work on! For having to wait in 15 minute increments while house pieces dried, Eli and Maddie actually did pretty good with this project. There were still LOTS of reminders to "wait patiently" and "listen and obey," but overall it was not a completely regrettable endeavor haha. Of course, it was just too tempting not to eat all of the decorations :)








Cake Balls and Charlie Brown Christmas
Eli and Maddie got to help Daddy make some yummy cake balls! It was a big deal for them to be in the kitchen {we usually have it gated off...#becausetoddlers}, and they were all too eager to help Daddy crush Oreas, mix in the cream cheese, and watch him roll out each ball. While we waited for them to firm up in the freezer, we sat down to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas


Aiden's tongue haha!







-------

We have had such a sweet Christmas season making fun memories! 


No comments:

Post a Comment