Thursday, April 30, 2015

{iPhone Rewind} :: April

I bought this fun machine with a Christmas bonus, and I have slowly started using it. It's the most AWESOME thing ever, and I am so excited about all the fun projects I can do with it! #silhouettecameo

Lindsay surprised Ben with tickets to the Stars Game for his birthday, and we got to tag along to celebrate! We had such a fun time at the game...though if I'm honest, it had nothing to do with what was happening on the ice and everything to do with the tiny fan sitting next to me...even if she did pee in my lap :)  #nojoke #goodthingsheiscute  I mean, come on...do you know a cuter little fan?? She loves her daddy and hockey :) #lovemyniece

I was excited to get this book in the mail! I read her book on marriage last year, and I am loving her new book on friendship :)  #nobodyscuterthanyoulaura

We headed out to the ballpark for the Rough Riders opening day. We had a fun time with sweet friends, and we were excited to be a part of Moses' first baseball game! :)

Sasha re-discovered her tennis ball {we found it under the couch}, and she has wanted to play non-stop! I heard the tennis ball dropping over and over again and thought Mike was playing with her. But when I turned the corner, I realized she was just waiting for someone to come play! Silly pup!

We headed out to a Tulip Farm for a fun day date. It was free and only a 40 minute drive from our house. Not going to lie...it was a slight disappointment. We definitely went too late in the season because there wasn't much left and the flowers were already dying. But it was a fun date with my love, and is something we want to go back to earlier in the season next year!

We had a 4-legged house guest for a few days, and he was absolutely adorable! Crosby came to stay with us while his parents went out of town, and we enjoyed having him. He sure missed his mama, but was the sweetest puppy and the best cuddler. Sasha wasn't too sure about him, but they got along well enough.

I chopped my hair off this month. I had been contemplating going shorter for awhile, and I finally took the plunge. It was time for a change, and I have always liked my hair short.

Mike and I went on our first date 5 years ago. We decided to go back to where it all started, so we headed to Cafe Brazil for dinner. It was fun to think back to that first date, and we are so thankful for the past 5 years together.

The GORGEOUS flowers that I received from the executives for Administrative Professionals Day- so sweet! They were absolutely beautiful and smelled even more amazing :)

For the third year in a row, I was part of the IB Team for the MEF Spelling Bee, but this year I had 2 new teammates! We decided to get crafty to create our team outfit, so we took over a conference room over lunch and pulled out all our craft supplies :)

Sasha sure loves Mike...he is quite possibly her favorite person in the whole world. Which is funny, considering that she HATED him when we were dating. I will be the one petting her, and she will be looking to him. #traitor

#TeamIB at the MEF Spelling Bee! We didn't win, but we had a lot of fun, and had a fantastic cheering table! :)

Ya'll. The second to last day of APRIL, I woke up to this. Feels like 43. What in the world??  We definitely hit some records with the low temps so late in the year. Come on for-real warm weather!!

The last couple of weeks have been hard...with all the unknowns and all the waiting, I have just felt so overwhelmed and in a funk. On one of my particularly low days, I received this sweet card and gift from Laura. I'm so thankful for this sweet girl; she patiently listens to my crazy and knows just how to encourage and challenge me. 

Our sweet neighbor works at Nothing Bundt Cakes and is always bringing us stuff from the bakery. This month, he brought over extra baking ingredients! When they feature a certain flavor for a month, they don't continue making it, and a lot of times have unused ingredients. So now we have 5 pounds of peanut butter chips and more peanut butter...so awesome! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment