Friday, January 23, 2015

High Five for Friday!

{one} Last night was Date Night, and my sweet husband declared it technology-free night. No Netflix, no computers, no phones. And it was wonderful! We had dinner together and just sat and talked, played a few rounds of Bananagrams, and made cookies. It was perfect. We do those things often, but never without our technology close by. I really enjoyed the lack of distraction; we need to do more nights like that :)

{two} So I chopped off my hair yesterday. I had originally started growing it out 2 years ago when I realized that Humira was causing it all to fall out. I had a panic moment and decided I wanted to grow my hair out while I could. I loved having long hair, but I just felt like I needed a change. It's not super short, but I did cut about 5 inches off, and I feel SO much lighter :)
 
 
{three} Random thought, but can we just all acknowledge how awkward selfies are? And the fact that they are termed "selfies"? They never come out right, and how narcissistic is it to take a photo {or multiple photos} of yourself? Obviously I still take them here and there, but they're just so weird to me. I guess it  wouldn't be any less weird to ask someone else to take a picture of you, but it's still weird. There's nothing really to this point, I just felt the need to acknowledge my discomfort with taking a photo of myself in my bathroom mirror. 

 
{four} Since the winding down of Redeemer, we have been taking some time to rest, but we have also been praying about what the Lord might have for us next. We still feel called to ministry, but we are seeking the Lord on what that specifically looks like. We would appreciate your prayers as we continue in this transition phase. We are excited about what He has planned for us...we just need to know what it is! :)

{five} In the interim time, we have been visiting churches in the area. We helped our people get plugged in, and Mike and I have started working on getting plugged in ourselves. Since we don't know where we will be in 6 months, it's hard to get super connected, but we know we need to be in community, serving someplace. Since we have such an affection and relationship with Mercy Church {Mike has preached there several times, we are close with the lead pastor and his wife, etc}, we have decided to serve there during our transition time. We are excited to come alongside them, and we feel we can serve them with our gifts and understanding of church planting.



2 comments: