Friday, February 21, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Wow- I haven't done one of these in such a long time! :)

{one} On Monday, I had Presidents Day off, so I was able to get a number of things done. While most of the day was spent doing laundry, cleaning, working on the budget, etc., I did have some time to do a few fun and relaxing things as well. I did my first at-home yoga session; I probably can't call what I was doing yoga, but I have to start somewhere, right? :)  I started the book Laura gave me for my birthday, went to an afternoon movie with my love, and finished up a craft project for our laundry room.


I have a problem with socks going missing, but mysteriously showing up in random loads of laundry weeks later. So I thought this would help us keep track of them all until their mate shows up :)

Materials I Bought: wood plaque, chipboard letters
Materials I Already Had: scrapbook paper, clothes pins, mod podge, sawtooth hangers
Tools: foam brushes, hammer
Total Project Cost: $10 (sale items and 40% off coupons)

{two} On Tuesday, I hung out with one of the girls on our core team. We went to Paciugo for some gelato, and the weather was absolutely perfect. It makes me LONG for the days of Spring...they're almost here! Anyway, I enjoyed spending time with her, catching up and talking life. Through some time in prayer and a gentle nudge from a friend, I think spending one-on-one time with a handful of women in our group will be a good ministry opportunity for me. Since we have put Bible study on hold, I think this will be a way for me to utilize my gifts and do my best to encourage and challenge the women in our group. I don't know exactly how it will look yet, but I am excited about taking these steps of faith!

{three} We have started meeting in our Missional Community groups. Our core team was split into two groups, with most staying in one group near downtown McKinney, and a few of us venturing out to focus on building a group in East McKinney/Princeton. We meet every Wednesday, share a meal, and open the Word together. I am thankful for this small group, but I also look forward to how the Lord grows all of our Missional Communities.

{four} I have been feeling really good the last few weeks {praise Jesus!} I have had a good amount of energy for a consistent amount of time, which is definitely something to celebrate. Some of that energy has come in the middle of the night, which isn't the most ideal time, but I guess I can't be too picky :) After my good report last month, I did get a call from my GI about some elevated liver enzymes that showed up on my bloodwork. He wasn't too concerned for now, but I do have to go back in April to have those levels checked again. They have to monitor that stuff pretty closely, given the medication I am on {one of those pesky risk factors}. So no more margaritas for me! ;)

{five} This weekend I am going to a bridal shower for another one of the girls on our core team. She and her fiance have been a part of our church from the Bible study days {she has been coming since the first one, and he came on board a few months later}. We are so excited for these two to get married next month, and I am looking forward to attending several wedding festivities for this sweet couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment