Monday, May 6, 2013

Class of 2003

Nothing makes you feel old like receiving this in the mail:


Ya'll. It has been {just a few days shy of} 10 years since I graduated from high school. What in the world??

In some ways, it actually feels longer than 10 years; high school just seems like a lifetime ago. And other than what you know about someone from a Facebook news feed, I haven't really kept up with too many people. I am actually looking forward to the reunion and hope that we can make it that weekend. It could be fun to see everyone and hear about where they ended up after high school. I'm certainly not where I expected to be, but I am so thankful that the Lord had better plans for me than I had for myself!

Of course, receiving the invitation in the mail got me thinking back to my high school years. So I thought I would let you take a peak at who I was in high school...

Senior pic, circa 2003
 
Public or private school? I went to a private Christian school in San Antonio.
High school mascot? Lions!
# in your graduating class? 74, so everyone knew everyone.
Class rank? 3rd
Favorite class? Senior Bible/Physics/Calculus. I basically had the same classes with the same 12 people my entire senior year and it was awesome. LOVED Mr. Biddison- such an amazing teacher!
Your "group"? I didn't really have a group, per se. There were definitely cliques in our class, like in every high school. But by the time I hit high school, I seemed to have friends from all of them. Don't misunderstand me- I was far from popular. I just didn't have one specific "group" to call home.
Typical weekday outfit? White collared button down, maroon/white/gray plaid, pleated skirt, maroon knee high socks, penny loafers. Uniforms, baby!
Sports? I played on the varsity girls' soccer team freshman through junior year. I didn't play my senior year; though most people didn't realize I wasn't on the team until half way through the season haha.
Clubs/Activities? I was class president for 3 years (sophomore through senior year). I was also active in my church's youth group.
Voted most likely to be? President. There wasn't much originality, apparently.
High school sweetheart? Didn't have one. I flew solo my high school years :)
Any regrets? To be honest, not really. Though I do wish that I didn't care so much what others thought. It was worse in middle school, but I still worried too much about being popular/liked/accepted.
Would you go back if you could? Heck no. I didn't have a terrible experience, but I was definitely ready to leave high school behind!
Worst memory? Taking my first physics class, answering every question, and getting every. single. one. wrong. Fantastic.
Best memory? Planning Junior/Senior banquet; the juniors plan a grand scaled event for the seniors that is an entire year in the making. Our class did a Wizard of Oz theme, and that is when I fell in love with events :)


1 comment: