Sunday, July 8, 2012

She Works Hard for the $$...

...so hard for it honey.

So Donna Summer out of the way...it's hard to believe that I have already been at my awesome new job for 4 months now. The other day, I was talking with my sweet co-worker and she was asking me how I was feeling about everything, now that I have had time to get settled in and hit my stride. And the one word that keeps coming to mind every single time I am asked that question: BLESSED. I still am overwhelmed by the amazing blessing this job has been. While the move certainly eased a lot of stress and burdensome travel, it has just proven to be a fountain of continued blessing from the Lord.

Of course, there is the blessing of simply having a job. I have faced unemployment (twice), and I know how difficult that road can be. I know many who are traveling it now. While those times were used by the Lord to grow me and make me more dependent on Him, I really hope I never have to walk that road again. So the fact that I have a decent paying job that provides benefits and allows me to take care of my family is HUGE. I don't want to ever take that for granted.

And then there is the obvious blessing of being less than 5 minutes from home. No traffic. Short commute. Normal hours. Much lower gas budget. Lunch dates with my husband. Convenience. It's simply fabulous.

Then there is the job itself. I am really enjoying my job. Four months ago, I was trying to make sure I remembered as many names as possible. Now, I am able to say hello to everyone in all the varying departments, and I feel like I have settled in to my place at the bank. It's a nice feeling. I really enjoy the people that I work with, and the variety of people I work with- from the executives, regional presidents, and board members, to the loan officers, branch managers, and tellers. I like being in a position where I can help people. It may not be huge, but I am able to help other key people in the bank do their jobs well. And I like that.

Compared with my last job, there is zero stress. Seriously- I know that everyone has some element of stress that comes with their job, but I didn't realize how little stress a job could have. It's not that I don't work hard haha, because I do. But there is just a different level of energy and effort expended for the results achieved. The biggest tell-tale sign? I haven't had a migraine in 4 months. No joke.

And now all that extra energy and effort can be directed to the things that really matter to me: learning to be a good wife, building relationships with our neighbors, going deeper with the women in our home group, partnering with Mike in starting this church plant. Those things fill my heart, and I feel like I can now truly focus on them and on the life we are building here in McKinney. My prayer is that I don't waste a moment of it.

A big part of my role right now for this season in our lives is to earn an income. I praise Jesus with all that is within me that He has allowed me to complete that task at such an amazing place. To say that He has provided abundantly is a slight understatement :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment