Sunday, July 15, 2012

Married Life, Day #365

CELEBRATING 1 YEAR

We decided to celebrate our anniversary a day early. We enjoyed a quiet dinner together, and it was fun to just be out on a date with my love :)


We had agreed that we were not going to get each other gifts, in anticipation of our trip to Colorado next month. And since I am a terrible gift giver, I confess that I was slightly relieved. Oh I tried to still come up with something clever despite our agreement, but to no avail. [I really wish I were kidding :( Gift-giving is not my strong point and always stresses me out. When I have good ideas, they never seem to work out for one reason or another, I can't afford it, etc. Sigh. My poor husband is doomed to a life of uneven gift-giving...]

But of course, ever the romantic and super thoughtful, my sweet husband had surprises waiting for me when we got home. Soon after we had been married, our freezer broke and we lost the top to our wedding cake. There was a lot going on at the time to contribute to emotional instability, but I cried {a lot} about the silly cake. The 1 year tradition of eating your wedding cake was not going to be one that we enjoyed...or so I thought.

This is what greeted me when we walked in the door:



My sweet husband had called our wedding cake lady to have another top made, same design and everything. Just so we could enjoy our tradition. He had his mom deliver and set up the cake while we were out at dinner. This time I cried again about cake, but because of how he had remembered how important it was to me.

It tasted so yummy!

And is if that wasn't enough of a fun surprise, (for our paper anniversary), he also had the letters we had written to each other on our wedding day framed. And he washed my feet, like he did when he asked me to marry him.



To say that I am blessed really doesn't even seem to do him justice. In the normal day-to-day things, I am constantly reminded of how truly lucky I am. And in sweet special moments like this, I just don't seem to have the right words for how loved and cared for and absolutely adored I feel. And I am just so thankful.

Babe, I have never once thought I deserved you, but I am so thankful that the Lord gave you to me to love. I pray that you feel honored and loved as much as I do today. I love you more than I could ever express in words, and I am so thankful to Jesus that we get to walk this life together. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment