Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY Saturday

Yesterday was a non-hectic, relaxing day. We didn't have anywhere to be or anything pressing to do, so it was nice to sleep in, relax, and just enjoy working on some things that I never have time for!

I had a quiet morning home by myself since Mike went to go play basketball and have lunch with a friend. I did some much needed laundry, had a good long time in the Word, and then got to work on my crafty projects for the day.

The main project I worked on (and completed) yesterday was a welcome sign for our front door. I had wanted to make one for a while, but finally had the time to work on it. I am really pleased with how it turned out :)



Materials: 7- 4" square wood plaques, scrapbook paper, 1 3/4'' wood letters, acrylic paint, mod podge, ribbon
Tools: Staple gun, foam brushes
Total Project Cost: $20 (I didn't have any coupons this time)

Mike asked if it was for the fall...I guess the colors I picked don't exactly say "summer" haha. But that's ok. I love shades of green and brown, what can I say?

The rest of the day, we caught up on some shows and I worked on our honeymoon photo book. I haven't finished it yet, but since it's been almost a year since we were in Cancun, I figured I should get that one done. I will then be working on a "Our First Year" photo book. I will have to wait for another "free" saturday, and that may not be for awhile. For now, yesterday's day of rest was very much appreciated and enjoyed!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment