Monday, October 10, 2011

San Antonio, the 'Rents, and Chocolate Cake :)

This weekend, Mike and I picked up my brother on our way out of Dallas and headed to San Antonio to go see my parents. This was the first time we had been home since the wedding, so it was a fun trip to see my family as marrieds. There was nothing particularly special about this weekend, we just got some good time with mom and dad...which was VERY much needed.

Saturday we had the opportunity to visit my grandparents, who unfortunately were unable to make it to the wedding. It was good to spend some time with them, and listen to them reminisce over there past 61 years of marriage (yep- they celebrated 61 years together this weekend!) Kind of made me excited to think about the time the Lord will give to me and Mike :) Granted, we're only a little under 3 months, but I am sure my grandparents can attest to how the time flies...

There was plenty of good Mexican food, fun and laughter, but overall it was a pretty relaxing weekend. One of the highlights (at least for me...I have to confess that this highlight does border a little on obsession. But only a little...) was that my mom had made her famous homemade German chocolate cake. I L.O.V.E this cake! I blogged about making it on my own a few years ago, so I know I can make the cake anytime I want it. But there's just something about mom making it that makes it taste that much better ;)

Of course, the weekend was short and I was sad to leave, but we're so grateful for the time we got to spend with them. The good news is that we will get to see them at the end of October when they make their way to Dallas for a conference. I'll take whatever time I can get with them!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment