Friday, March 25, 2011

2 Years Today

Today is my 2 year blog anniversary! :) While most people may think it's weird to "celebrate" this date, I always like reaching milestones like this because it's a great opportunity for me to reflect back on what the Lord has done in my life. It's kind of fun to read through old blog posts to see where I was a few months ago, a year ago, now 2 years ago (the time flies!)

I remember when I started this blog (and moved from my old xanga blog to good ol' blogger). I had just left my old job as an event planner and was trying to figure out what the Lord had for me next. It was a difficult time of letting go of lost dreams and learning to submit myself completely to the will of God- whatever that looked like. And yet I praise God for every moment of the last 2 years...because I look back on that time and see the Lord's hand as He was preparing me even way back then for what's ahead. It's always exciting when we get to see glimpses of God's work in our lives. At the time, I couldn't see or understand what His purposes were...I remember many prayers of "why?" "when?" and "what for?" And now I am able to reflect on and rest in the sweetness of God's perfect plan. And I can't help but smile :)

I purposely titled my blog "One Woman's Journey to the Heart of God" because I felt like that was the journey the Lord had me on at the time. Everything I thought I knew about the Lord was a little out of focus, and He was reshaping my heart to have one that looked more like His. While not all of my blog posts have been spiritual or thought-provoking, the title reminds me every time that I blog that life is about Him and the journey He has me on toward deeper intimacy with my Savior. I can certainly say that the last 2 years have been just that: a journey. Sometimes a difficult one, mostly a humbling one, but a sweet one for sure.

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
~Philippians 1:6

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment