Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And Then There Was Cake!

Last night, Mike and I went to meet with the cake lady. We're both excited about the cakes we chose (which look completely different than what I pictured below haha, oh well). But I just have to bring us around to a reality check for second. The flour and sugar used in a wedding cake is pricey. It's not any different than the flour or sugar you would use in your own homemade cupcakes. But somehow, when you disguise it under a pretty layer of frosting and call it a "wedding" cake, its value skyrockets. From a business perspective, it's genius. And I know that you're really paying for the creativity behind the design and the hard work of the artist. It's still just funny for my practical brain.

The whole time we were meeting with the sweet (and extremely talented) cake lady, I couldn't help but think of this clip :)


I have been begging my dad to watch this movie with me; I just think it's fitting. My dad has been AMAZING throughout the process, but I can't help but think this is how he must feel on the inside :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment