Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ice Day :)

(Don't be fooled- that's not snow, it's sleet!)

+


=

(At 9am instead of the usual 5:30am)

(Snuggle time!)

(Perhaps a little of this?) 

I have taco soup cooking in the crock pot, and I am curled up on the couch under a warm blanket, catching up on some reading, enjoying a cup of coffee while my puppy sleeps at my feet. I pray for days like this, but hardly ever get to experience them, so I am SO thankful! And I am thanking the Lord for His provision- for a warm and comfortable apartment, delicious food, and the blessing of a job that pays me even though I am not working today.

Now, I recognize the humor in the entire city shutting down due to the sleet, considering what anyone north of here usually endures. But can I just say that I think this Ice Day was meant just for me? Haha- I know that's not true, but I can't help but think that the Lord knew that I needed a forced day of rest and thus provided a forced city shut-down for my sanity :) Regardless of whether it was meant for me or I just get to benefit from it, I am praising Him for the blessing of this day! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment