Friday, November 12, 2010

Prayers for Nica

Many of you know that this past June, I went on a mission trip to Nicaragua. I think about that trip often and find myself missing Nica- I feel so blessed to have been able to partner with One by One and House of Hope. I was there for only a week, but the trip changed me in so many ways; Nica will forever be on my heart. I keep pictures from the trip around my apartment and at work, so that I am constantly reminded of the things God taught me while I was there and to keep Nica in my prayers. I do my best to keep up with the ongoing ministries- through newsletters, blogs, and emails, and even through my friend Laura who went back to Nicaragua with the women's ministry this past October and will be going back again in December.

I wanted to share some of the current things that are going on with the varying ministries, and I would like to ask that you join me in prayer over the work that God is doing in Nica and over the urgent needs that have come up:

Chase and Julie
They are moving into a new apartment soon, so please pray that the process is enjoyable and not too complicated or draining. Also, please pray that God would give them wisdom in some difficult situations they have faced recently. They experience both great encouragements and discouragements in ministry, so pray that God is their refuge and strength, their joy and peace.

The Refuge Project
The newest ministry for One by One is the Refuge Project, a ministry to rescue children from abuse and slavery. The Lord has provided an incredible opportunity for them to buy the house directly next door to their current church building to use as the home for the Refuge Project. In order to do so, they need to raise $30,000 by January. Please pray that God provides in abundance for this project and that they would be able to have the home ready for children to move in this February. If you are interested you can make a donation here.

Alma


Alma is an 11-year old girl who lived at House of Hope, and one of the girls I was able to meet when we were in Nicaragua. She was the girl who was found chained up because she had refused to comply with customers. House of Hope found her and rescued her, and the Lord had begun the long process of healing in this precious little girl. We just learned from one of the staff interns that she was taken from House of Hope by her father and grandmother, supposedly to be brought to the U.S. for a better life. The scary reality is that she was probably only told that so that she would go with them willingly. Please pray that either she is actually safe with her family or that House of Hope hears of her whereabouts quickly so that they can rescue her again. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done at this point, except to wait and pray. My heart breaks for this little girl, and I cry out to God for His protection and mercy on her life. I know He is in control and can wrap His loving arms around her, wherever she is.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment