Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Madness

So my poor little blog has been slightly neglected in recent days...my life could be summed into one word these days: BUSY. I have been busy before, so it's not something new. I think I am just a different kind of busy. A good busy :) I knew this semester was going to be tough, as I am trying to juggle two very time-consuming ministries. I am so blessed by both, but am just feeling the pressure of both commitments. It's really hard sometimes because I really want to serve well in both places...and because my time is so limited, it's not always easy to do that. But I press on, and I praise God for the blessings He is providing- both in strengthening me to finish well, and in the relationships I am forming through the work He has called me to.

Here's a look ahead at some fun things coming up in March...I have lots of work and studying stuff going on too, but I'd rather focus on the fun stuff anyway haha. And as far as March Madness goes...I doubt I will have time to enjoy the real NCAA March Madness, but hopefully I can catch a game or two in the midst of the craziness ;)

Communion Dinner- I know I have said this before, but this is one of my favorite things in the 20s group! I love spending time with this sweet group of friends, taking time to fellowship and pray together as we remember our Lord's sacrifice. It's one of the things that I sit and revel in the idea that this is how church was meant to be. This month is Mexican-themed, so I need to figure out what dish I am going to take.

Singles Hockey Game- This weekend, the singles group is heading to a hockey game! We're going to see the Allen Americans take on the Mississippi Riverkings! I'm not much of a hockey fan- to be honest, I have a hard time following the stupid puck-lol. But I think this should be fun! The guys are hoping for a fight, and I am just hoping I can stay warm :)

Phantom of the Opera! I am SO excited to finally see this play! I have wanted to for a long time, but have never been able to. But it's here in Dallas, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go. I'm going with a group of people, and we're planning to get dressed up and make a fun night of it; I have already been serenaded the soundtrack, and I can't wait!

Pine Cove Work Crew Weekend! The singles are heading to a work weekend at Pine Cove Camp in Tyler, TX. I have been with the 20s group before, but this trip is specifically for our singles group. I am really looking forward to this- I think it's going to be a good thing for our group. The other leaders and I are working to make sure that we take the time to focus on why we hang out and where we want our group to be in terms of our relationship with God and with each other. There's just something about serving together and being out in the woods with a group of friends to help solidify friendships and draw people closer together.

Josh Turner Concert :) I have shared with you in recent posts about my love for country music. And I have tried to see Josh Turner in concert for some time now. And I found my chance....he will be at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth at the end of this month and I am going!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am! I am going with a couple of sweet friends (Laura and Lindsey), and I can't wait for it to get here :)

First Nica '10 Meeting! I haven't mentioned this yet, but we will be having our first team meeting in a couple of weeks, so now is as good a time as ever to announce it. This summer, I will be going on a mission trip with our 20s group to Nicaragua! We will be going to serve with missionaries from our 20s group who are serving in Managua. I participated in mission's trips with my high school youth group, but have not done any since then. I have felt the Lord laying it on my heart to go on another trip for some time now, and I am excited about this one. I can't wait to see how God prepares our team for this trip!

First Day of SPRING!!! I just have to say it. I am SO looking forward to SPRING. I have never liked cold weather- I live in Texas for a reason ;) Moving to Dallas, winter is definitely longer and more severe than way down in San Antonio. I know I don't know what cold is...I have friends that have endured the winters of Chicago and Virginia. But again....I live in Texas. We're not supposed to have cold weather- lol. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our snow day, but I am just done with cold weather. Enough already. I am ready for some sunshine and warm weather! :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment