Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Heart Country Music

I know this is random, but I just felt the need to share my love for country music. My sweet friend Laura gave me the new Josh Turner CD for my birthday, and I have been listening to it non-stop; it's SO good. Josh Turner is my absolute favorite! But let's be honest. The man could be singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and I would love it. I am usually not one to get girly and giddy over celebrities of any kind. But have you heard this man sing?!? Haha. Ok. Enough of that...

Now I know that there are some severe country-haters out there. But you know what? I LOVE it, and I don't really care if you think I am crazy for it! And I live in Texas, so I am allowed to love it :)

I think part of my love for country music stems from the fact that I grew up listening to it. It's what my parents listened to, so it's what I knew. But the best memory I have from my childhood regarding country music is that my dad was a member of a country-western band. That's right folks. My dad played the guitar and sang in the band JJ and the Drifters. Hehe. If you know my dad, many of you won't even believe me on this. And unfortunately, there's not much proof (i.e. no you tube videos, pictures, etc.) But trust me, back in the day, my dad was awesome! (He's still awesome, but this is a fun memory from my childhood).

I remember going to his gigs, running around with the other band memers' kids, placing quarters out on the railroad tracks with him during breaks, and falling asleep to the sound of my dad playing. I grew up on the classics of George Strait, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Randy Travis, Trishia Yearwood, Shania Twain, and Reba McEntire. I still love some of these singers, and have really seen a huge shift in country music over the past 10 years. So now some of my favorites include Carrie Underwood, Josh Turner, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Kenney Chesney, Joe Nichols...but I just love it all :)

I know some people think country music is ridiculous. And I have to admit; some of it is. But come on; where else except in country music can you sing about crazy things? That's part of the reason I love it so much! I mean, who wouldn't love....

The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog...I'd like to check you for ticks...I've got friends in low places...Check yes or no...Tequila makes her clothes fall off...Every time you shake your hips, baby I go crazy...All my ex's live in Texas...Baby, why don't we just dance...Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...She thinks my tractor's sexy...No one holds a candle to me in my red high heels...I got a brand new girlfriend...If it wasn't for Texas...

LOL. I mean, whats not to love? Plus, who doesn't love a cowboy hat and a cute pair of cowboy boots? ;)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. .... and a tight pair of wranglers... check yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL- this is why we're friends ;)

    ReplyDelete