Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in San Antonio!

I just got back from spending the week in San Antonio with family and friends for Christmas. I am so grateful that I was able to take vacation days and spend the week down there. It was a busy week full of Christmas festivities, and as always, it went by way too fast! But nonetheless, I am grateful for the opportunity to spend time with family and friends.

Most of the week was spent in preparation for our family Christmas traditions. It was fun to run around and do last minute errands with my parents, get the house ready for guests, cook and bake all the yummy foods, rock out to Christmas music...you know, the fun stuff :) In the midst of the craziness I was able to slip away to see my sweet friends Nicki and Lauren. I was grateful to see Nicki; she now lives in Virginia, and I haven't seen her in so long! And I am always grateful for time with sweet Lauren. Lauren and I have been friends since middle school, and it is such a blessing to have her as a friend.

Christmas Eve we spent with my mom's family (tradition). We went to my Lita's church, had a fun white elephant exchange, and enjoyed the traditional tamales, rice and beans.

Merry Christmas from our family to yours :)

I grew up with all these boys....always the only girl. Haha.

Christmas day my dad's family came over to our house. My mom made an AMAZING meal, and we enjoyed fun time with family.

First set of cousins with Grandma.

Second set of cousins with Grandma and Grandpa.

I hope you know the gift of faith, the blessing of hope, and the peace of His love this Christmas and always! Merry Christmas!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment