Sunday, August 16, 2009

WoodcreekChallenge.com

I know I have said this before, but I really LOVE my church. I feel so blessed by the church family that God has provided. I am constantly challenged in my walk with Christ, and I have had the opportunity to see what it really truly means to be a fully devoted follower of Christ. God's love is so evident in those that I get to live life with, and I am so thankful for the relationships that God has provided.

This morning at church, the pastor preached on what it looks like to "work out our salvation" (Philippians 2:12). He challenged us to develop a habit based on a spiritual discipline. They set up a website and everything to help us succeed and encourage one another in this challenge. It has been on my heart to deepen my prayer life, so I have chosen to take on the Prayer Challenge. I am committing to 30 days of prayer; to help me with that, I have signed up with Echo Prayer. Has anyone ever heard of this site?!? It's so awesome! It's free, and it's a great way to help you pray more diligently. You create your prayer list online and then set times throughout the week for reminders. Echo Prayer will email or text you one prayer at a time from your list, based on your settings. There's also a built-in prayer journal so you can keep track of answered prayers. How cool and helpful is that? Having the constant reminders throughout the week will be so great. Half my battle (sadly) is just remembering to pray. Getting texts throughout the day solves that problem! I have already created my list and am excited about this prayer tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment