Saturday, August 1, 2009

Overwhelmed

Usually, my feelings of being overwhelmed are related (selfishly) to myself. There's usually too much going on, there are not enough hours in the day, there is too much expected of me, etc. My thoughts, activities, or my time make me feel overwhelmed. But tonight is different. Tonight my heart is overwhelmed...

I am overwhelmed by the sweet Christian friends that God has provided in my life. I have been incredibly blessed to have so many godly people come along side me, encouraging me and challenging me to be a better servant and follower of Christ...

I am overwhelmed by heartache. That might sound a little melodramatic, but it's actually something I have prayed for. No- I haven't gone crazy. But I have prayed for God to burden my heart with the things that burden His...and He is faithful to answer. The heartache is over the lost. They surround me every day; I meet them, interact with them, do business with them, even call them friend. And my heart breaks because they are blinded to the truth. People I come in contact with, my co-workers, my clients, my friends...they live every day without God, and my heart just can't take it. I am nothing without God; I can't imagine life without Him. And so my heart aches for them to be open to the Truth...

I am overwhelmed by all that God has done for me, all that He is doing for/in/through me. I can remember a time in the not so distant past when I was practically begging God for this moment. Right here, right now- for the moment when I would have peace and that God's plan would be revealed, and that I would be able to look back at this turmoil and see God's hand. When I would be able to say that God pulled me through the valley, He never forgot me and was with me the whole journey. Now here, I am, 6 months later, completely overwhelmed by all that God has done and for where He has brought me...

I am overwhelmed by the High King of Heaven, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the Savior and Master of this world....mainly because He chooses to be in a relationship with me. I don't think that my mind will ever fully wrap itself around that idea. I'm such a mess. What would God want with me? And then I become even more overwhelmed by His immense love, forgiveness, mercy, and grace....

For once in my life...I am just fine with being overwhelmed...

2 comments:

  1. i remember on my mission trip to england, the pastor kept praying "overwhelm us, lord"... this is a beautiful post, sweet friend!! i love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He answers prayers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete