Monday, August 3, 2009

Fettuccine, Anyone?

This week for Sunday Night Dinner, the boys asked for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (Of course, they can't ask for normal, easy meals- haha). I found a couple of recipes that looked good and then decided to combine them to create my own. It turned out pretty good! I still need to work on my timing, as I always tend to have it ready too soon, and then my meals end up dried out or too sticky (in the case of pasta). But the boys were happy, so it was ok.

1/2 cup Butter
1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 pint Heavy Cream
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 lb. Chicken, cooked, chunked
~Black Pepper
~Fettuccine pasta
~Olive oil
~Butter
~Parsley
~Garlic Salt

In a large pan/skillet, heat olive oil and butter; cook chicken on medium heat, adding garlic salt, black pepper, and parsley to taste. In another large pan/skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cream, and pepper and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn heat down if it reaches a rapid boil. Add cheese and continue to simmer for 8 minutes or until thick and cheese melts, stirring constantly. While sauce cooks, prepare fettucine. Pour alfredo sauce onto noodles to absorb sauce. Add chicken and fresh grated parmesan cheese.

I cut the chicken into chunks and mixed them with the pasta and sauce; you can also cook chicken breast pieces to serve on top of noodles and sauce. This recipe was really easy...of course, it's not the most healthy meal, but it sure tasted good! I wonder what the boys will request next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment