Sunday, April 16, 2006

He is Risen!

He is risen! He is risen indeed! It was somewhat strange to be at church on easter sunday without my family, but I went with Shannon. I have to say that I was feeling a bit lonely. I had a wonderful week with my mom, but was feeling the sadness of her leaving and the reality of spending my first easter away from home was sinking in. But I am so grateful for the people that God has placed in my life for times such as these. Today in church I realized a number of things.
 
I realized how incredibly blessed I am. Although I was spending easter away from home, I have an amazing family who loves me and misses me like crazy. A family who checks up on me, cares about what's going on with me, supports me in what I do, encourages me in all that I do, loves me no matter what. I realized that God has placed some incredibly amazing people in my life. And a lot of them have come out of nowhere. Which makes it all the more a blessing. Shannon, my sweet hall director who has not only been my boss, but has become a mentor and a friend. Ginnie, my amazing roommate-to-be who always knows how to make me smile and who I am more than excited to deepen a friendship with. Teshia, who has been such a spiritual inspiration to me this year. Her sold-out love for Jesus has challenged my faith in so many ways. Jennifer, whose air of wisdom has been both an encouragment and a joy to have. Sarah Kirksey, my sweet Bible study partner who has been more of a blessing than I will ever be able to express gratitude for. Scott, whose fun conversations are always a warm welcome to the crazines in my life. And then there is April. Our relationship has grown so much over the past year and I have never been so grateful for such a friendship. I know that God placed our two opposite lives together as a sweet blessing. It's going to be hard when she leaves, but I am beginning to pray now that God preserves our friendship despite time or distance barriers.
 
I realized that God is in control. I mean, I knew that. But today it hit me in a fresh way. I have taken on the challenge this semester of stepping out in faith about my internship this summer. It has been hard, but amazingly not as hard as it has been in the past. Part of that has to do with the fact that this is the umpteenth time I have taken on this challenge and I have finally learned a few things in my past, failed attempts. Part of that has to do with the fact that God brought me to my knees in surrender. And part of that has to do with the fact that God has continually reminded me both of my commitment to step out in faith and trust Him and of His constant provision for His own. Whether it be through an encouraging word from a friend, an inspirational bible verse, a lesson from my bible study class- God has been softly whispering to me all semester, "Trust me, Erin. I have great things planned for you. Just keep looking to me. I am going to work things out in an incredible way. I just need you to trust me." And these encouragements and proddings from God have all come just at the right times. Just when I am ready to give up. Just when I want to revert back to doing it on my own. Just when I want to do things my way. Just at the right time- God speaks. And so I wait. And I trust.
 
The last thing I realized was how amazingly covered I am in Christ. How much undeserved grace has been given to me. How much Christ loved/loves me. How much He endured to be with me. How much He conquered to save me. How much He cares for me and desires to know me. How utterly in control He is. How powerful and majestic is His name in all of the earth! How radiantly beautiful and absolutely glorious my Savior is.
 
 
Currently Listening: If You Want Me To, by Ginny Owens (Without Condition)

No comments:

Post a Comment