Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Trick or Treat :: To Each Their Own

We had 5 wonderful years of matching family costumes {we skipped 2020 because of COVID and because we were driving across the country to move to Virginia!}...but alas. This was the year that my children decided that they were done with family costumes. I tried and tried, bribed, begged, pleaded...but we just couldn't land on a theme that everyone could agree on and be happy with. And so... I did the mature thing and let it go. I said goodbye to the matching costumes and let my children choose their own random costumes. Haha. 

But I will look back on our matching family costumes with loving memory:



So what did they choose? This year, we ended up with a Roman soldier, Belle, and a T-Rex!



We missed out on walking the neighborhood because of sickness, but my kiddos had great attitudes about it! We did a little mini trick-or-treating at home with Grandma and Papa {as well as with our sweet next door neighbors who dropped treats in their buckets so they could still participate}. And we rounded out the night with It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. We still got to hand out candy, and I honestly think the kids had WAY more fun watching for the trick or treaters and waving hi to everyone at the door haha! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment