Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Fun with Grandma and Papa

While my mom and I were at the women's retreat, Mike and my dad held down the fort with the kiddos, and I honestly think the kids hardly noticed we were gone. And I think Papa was having the time of his life! 

They got to explore Manassas Battlefield, which was a good way to learn some history and get some exercise in the beautiful weather. I wasn't there, but I can just imagine all of the "Papa! Look at this!" :)
















They also got to play at Owen Park, play LEGOs, play basketball and football, and just have ALL the fun with Papa :)












When we got back from the retreat, we had a couple of extra days with my parents. Most of it was spent playing at home. But we did get to venture out for a little pre-birthday celebration for Eli and Maddie. My parents took them shopping to pick their birthday present! That was an adventure in itself haha. Eli knew exactly what he wanted and picked out his gift right away. Maddie was overwhelmed by all the choices and needed a little help narrowing down her options. But she eventually got there and is more than happy with her choice.




And of course, they got to be part of the fun of dressing up for Halloween. It was a whirlwind and packed-full trip, but it was so fun. We miss them already and can't wait until their next trip! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment