Thursday, December 1, 2022

Advent 2022

We're in the thick of packing right now, so we are simplifying Christmas this year. Hopefully next year, we can finally have everything back again: Advent, Christmas tree, all the decorations, etc. 

But for now, I wanted to at least do something for Advent with the kiddos. We really enjoyed the Advent Blocks that we used last year, so I pulled them out again for this year. We will also read The Jesus Storybook Bible at bedtime {which we usually do in conjunction with our Jesse Tree}. 



For me, I am reading through Ruth Chou Simons' new Advent devotional Emmanuel: An Invitation to Prepare Him Room at Christmas and Always. I actually bought it for Laura for her birthday...and then ordered my own because I really liked it when I flipped through the copy that came in the mail for her :)



We may not have the full Christmas festivities this year, but I want to be sure that our hearts are still focused on Christ, especially in the midst of all the craziness. It will be good to anchor our hearts and pause in the midst of the chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment