Monday, August 24, 2020

National Waffle Day!

Next up on the list of silly holidays that we like to celebrate around here: National Waffle Day! :)

Apparently, we really enjoy the food ones haha! But honestly, they're the easiest ones to catch. We have to eat anyway, so we might as well have a day to "celebrate" the things we like to eat, right?

Because of some scheduling stuff today, it worked out best for us to enjoy our waffles for lunch. I prepared the waffle mix and the kids were so excited to watch their waffles cook in the waffle iron. There was so much anticipation for the cook light to change to green and the beep to sound.





I did get a resounding "I love waffle day!" so I think that would count as a success. That, and the fact that they each ate about 9 pounds worth of waffles haha.





I had also picked up a few books about waffles at the library, which was another fun {and silly} way to celebrate the day. Making waffles {something we would eat anyway} and reading books {something we would do anyway} was such a simple way to make an ordinary day more fun. 



I truly love watching the kids enjoy the little things, and I pray that these can be the sweet memories of childhood that stick with them for a lifetime. At the very least, Mommy has the photo memories of it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment