Friday, March 27, 2020

Social Distancing :: Day 15

Anyone going stir crazy yet?

On March 24th, Collin County issued a Stay-At-Home Order, asking its residents to stay home, but it came just short of closing businesses {which is what Dallas County did the day before}. So there has been a lot of confusion, especially since we live in a city where most of its residents go into the neighboring cities for just about everything {for example, we don't have a grocery store in Melissa}. We mostly go into McKinney for things, so we have to be mindful of their restrictions, which they followed more closely the Dallas County order and closed non-essential businesses. I sure wish everyone could just be on the same page...

I have really been struggling with finding the balance of protecting my health and family, while also loving and finding community with our neighbors. Not everyone seems to be on the same page of how to handle the Stay-At-Home Order, and while a lot of people are home, they are still out of their house, with each other. Not everyone abides by the 6 feet of distancing. Not everyone feels the need to cancel play dates. In their minds, they don't feel sick, so what's the big deal, right? I feel like the strange anti-social neighbor who is trying not to hyperventilate when someone comes close. I don't like being that person, but I also feel like it's really important right now. So I'm trying to find the right ways to explain, politely decline, but also not hide in my house all the time. 

Our week has pretty much looked the same as last week. Trying to get out on walks when we can, trying not to go crazy with all of us home all of the time :)  


Library Online
One of the things we have missed the most is our weekly trips to check out library books. It has also caused me to readjust our Toddler School plans, as I usually check out books related to our weekly topics. But I am super grateful that there are some books available online! It's not a large library for my kiddos, and it defeats the purpose of limiting screen time, but it sure is better than nothing!



Outside Time
This week, our neighborhood had a day to chalk positive messages for people to find on their walks. So we pulled out the sidewalk chalk to participate! We are so grateful that the weather has been nicer so we can get outside to play. Our backyard has been too muddy to play from all the rain, but it finally dried out enough for us to enjoy! It has been fun to see Aiden running around with his brother and sister, with them introducing him to all the fun outdoor toys :)






-------

I'm thankful for these kiddos. They keep me grounded in all this craziness. Of course, they do also drive me crazy, but that is just part of our "normal," and we need as much "normal" as we can get right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment