Thursday, February 7, 2019

34 Years Young

Today I turned 34. I'm officially in the last of my "young" years; after this, it's all downhill. Just kidding  :)

This year, birthday festivities started with a fun gift card in the mail from my parents. And Mike gave me his present last night: a video he had compiled of sweet friends and family sending kind words and birthday wishes. It was SO incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and all I could do was cry happy tears and think about all the ways the Lord has been so good to me. And Mike seriously makes the best videos. They are always some of my favorite gifts.




We headed over to Granny's house for our Thursday play date with cousins, and my sweet nieces threw me a birthday party, complete with cupcake decorating and party hats! :)


At least Aiden loved the hats :)


So very thankful for this sweet sister!!

Evidence of cupcakes all over her face





And I love that I have this beautiful {and super yummy!} cake to enjoy. Courtesy of my sweet and uber-talented sister-in-law, of course!



I got to finish the day with flowers from my love and dinner at home with my favorite people. Definitely a sweet birthday!



The Lord has been so good to me this past year. It's hard to believe that we bought a house, added to {and completed} our family, and survived the craziness of 3 under 2. It was a big year, and I am so thankful that I got to celebrate 34. I definitely don't take this birthday for granted, given how the Lord protected my life. And what an absolute blessing to celebrate with people that I love. Thank you, Jesus, for Your sweet blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment