Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Photo Every Hour :: Birthday Edition

Look at me, blogging a little more consistently :)  We have been working on sleep training...and I feel like we might be getting our lives back! Seriously, Eli and Maddie have done so well with it; there's hope for some real sleep!

Anyway...yesterday I turned 32. I don't have a problem turning 32, but how on earth did I get to be 32?? It's like I blinked, and all of a sudden, I am the age that I used to think about when I was in my young twenties as so far away. Like, when you turned 32, you were a real life adult or something. For the record, I don't feel old, or even like a real life adult haha. But apparently I am now. Officially ;)

My birthday was a good day. The last few birthdays have been difficult, as they seemed to be clicking by while we were waiting on our babies. So yesterday was that much more special, because I got to wake up and be a mom to 2 precious, happy babies. That alone would have been more than enough, but the birthday blessings just poured in. And I am so thankful. 32 is shaping up to be pretty awesome so far.

I thought I would do a little "Photo Every Hour" to walk you through my day. It was a good one :)

six.
I checked the monitor to see that babies were still sleeping nice and soundly. And yes, that temperature says 69. In Erin-World, freezing. The sacrifices you make for your babies to sleep well...

seven.
Mike heads off to work pretty early, so I decided to do a little reading before babies woke up.

eight.

I mean...come on! When you get to spend your birthday with these 2 cuties, what more could you ask for?? 

nine.
Babies went down for their morning nap, so I worked on some laundry. Yes, even on my birthday. It is never ending. How do such tiny people produce so much laundry??

ten.
Babies were still sleeping {which doesn't always happen!}, so I decided to work on some reports that I needed to get done for the bank.

eleven.
I got to work for a few minutes on a few items for Laura's baby shower this month! Getting really excited about celebrating her and baby Cooper!

twelve.
I got a fun cookie delivery for my birthday from my sweet husband. Who doesn't love warm cookies delivered to your front door?

one.
My brother was sweet to bring over lunch and hang out. My choice? Panera, of course! Yum!

two.
Lindsay dropped off a birthday cake! She is always so sweet to think of me and bake yummy treats for me :)

three.
As part of our embryo adoption process, we have to provide post-birth updates every quarter for the first year. So Eli and Maddie were due for their 3 month update. It was such a blessing to reflect back over the last 3 months and put on paper how much they have grown. 

four.
Mike surprised me by coming home early...and he came bearing jewelry! He bought me this snowflake pendant {along with another one with light blue jewels, one for each baby!} I love them so much!

five.
Family walk around the neighborhood! Eli and Maddie are still not too sure about the stroller ride outside...they both are pretty stoic the whole time. But it's fun to get out and get some fresh air!

-------

I didn't get any more photos for the rest of the evening, but our evenings now consist of feeding babies dinner, bath time, and bed time routines. They are down by 7:30 now, so that allows me and Mike to have some time together in the evenings, which is SO nice {that hasn't been the case the past 3 months}. Even with all of it, I am still in bed and asleep by about 8:30 or 9 haha. I am going to soak up all the sleep I can right now!

Overall, it was a fantastic birthday, and I look forward to what the rest of this year holds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment