Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekend in SA

Over Memorial Day weekend, we headed to San Antonio to spend time with my parents. I could not believe that I had not been to San Antonio since Christmas 2013! I have seen my parents since then, but they have come to visit here. So it was fun to actually be in San Antonio after so long!

My parents recently moved into their new house, so it was fun to see the new place! I am really excited for them, as they seem to really love their new home. It's in a great location, and it will be fun to visit in the future. I definitely LOVED the view from the back deck; I envision many a morning chat over coffee with my mom :)


On Saturday, we headed out to BSF headquarters for an employee picnic. My dad was MORE than happy to show off his kids, and it was fun to see many of the staff people that we had grown up with. They had a BBQ lunch, an Orange Leaf truck, and fun things for the kids. I may or may not have enjoyed one of the kid activities...I just can't resist petting cute baby animals :)


And it would not have been a BSF event without music. They definitely had a symphonic band concert...oh, good old BSF :)


We were supposed to head to a wedding on Saturday night for one of Mike's former youth students, but the weather kept us from making it. With the storms that blew in, we didn't want to get flooded in San Marcos. We were sad to miss celebrating with the happy couple, but we enjoyed a night in playing card games with my parents.

Sunday, we headed to church then to see my grandparents. We enjoyed hearing about my grandpa's military service as he reminisced his time as an army medic. We then headed over to my aunt's house to see my mom's side of the family. It was good to see everyone {since it had been so long!} Sunday night we got to hang out with Lauren and Miguel. We enjoyed ice cream out on the patio and catching up with sweet friends.

As always, the weekend was too short, but we are thankful for the time to be away for a little and spend time with family!


1 comment: