Friday, September 26, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Ya'll. I'm so glad it's Friday.
 
{one} It is now officially Fall! It's still fairly warm here, but the days have been absolutely beautiful: lots of sunshine and a light breeze. I wish that I could hit pause on this weather :) I am sad that the summer is over, but I guess it's time to embrace the cooler weather ahead. It's still too warm for boots and sweaters, but I do plan to pull out my Fall decorations this weekend.
 
{two} We love living in McKinney, and it's really fun that our city was recently named the best place to live in America! We have been moving up the ranks over the past few years and finally made it to the top. Of course, we're biased about the nomination, but it really is a great place to live!
 
 
{three} Have you seen the Look at the Book labs by John Piper? They're awesome!! He basically walks you through how to study the Bible for yourself- complete with pen underlining, circling, and scribbling notes. I love it because it goes hand in hand with the method that Jen Wilkin outlines in her book Women of the Word, and the way I have started doing my own personal study. You should check out Piper's labs and read Jen's book! :)
 
{four} My esophagus is finally starting to feel better. The liquid medication my GI prescribed is doing it's job to coat and heal, and I am so thankful. I am still on a non-solid diet, as I can still feel the lingering effects of irritation, but it no longer hurts to swallow. Progress :) Other than being really hungry {turns out that smoothies and yogurt don't go very far}, I think I'm doing much better. Lessons learned.
 
{five} We are so thankful for all of the love and support after our announcement about Redeemer Church. It's definitely a difficult time, but God is taking care of us. We have had such an outpouring of love and encouragement, and we will try to connect with everyone we can, but please give us grace if we do not respond to you right away. At this time, we are trying to finish well by pouring all of our energy into loving our church family well through this transition.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment