Tuesday, July 8, 2014

{DIY} :: First Birthday Stats Poster

I have seen a ton of these pop up on Pinterest and Etsy lately. So when my sister-in-law asked if I would take a stab at making one for Presley Kate, I was more than happy to try it!
 
I have wanted to practice my calligraphy skills. In doing so, I have also decided that I want to just practice my handlettering skills in general. So this was the perfect 4th of July weekend project :)
 
 
This really was SO simple, and I am super excited about how it turned out for my first try. And it was WAY less expensive than the ones I have found on Etsy. Just a note: this was not all free-handed {I wish my handwriting/alignment was this awesome/perfect!} Instead, I designed it in Pages, choosing the fonts I liked best, and then traced the letters onto the board. I decided to do that instead of free-handing it, because I knew that my spacing would be completely off otherwise. But I still consider it good hand-lettering practice!
 
Happy {almost} 1st Birthday, sweet Presley Kate! It has been such a joy to watch you grow, and I can hardly believe you're turning 1 already. Uncle Mike and Aunt Erin love you! :)



Materials: 18x24 Elmer's black foam board, an Engineering Print, Bic Mark-It Metallic Markers
Tools: pencil, flashlight (to help see the traced indents in the board)
Total Project Cost: $15 (40% off coupon for foam board; project will be cheaper next time, since I already have the markers!)
 
It kind of makes me want to open an Etsy shop...maybe some day...  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment