Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Celebrating 3 Years

Today we celebrated our 3rd anniversary! It's crazy to think that we have been married for 3 years. It's true what they say: the time does fly by! 

We enjoyed a fun dinner out at Blue Fish, then came back home to watch our engagement video. We had been talking about it with some friends the other day, so it made me want to watch it again...so we did! It was funny to watch ourselves, but it brought back so many sweet memories. Hearing the prayer Mike prayed over us just moments after we got engaged, reminded me of the incredible blessing he is in my life. And how thankful I am that I said yes! :)

We will continue our celebration in a couple of weeks, as we head out of town for a long weekend. I bought Mike a massage at a spa where we will be, so he can fully relax on our mini-vacation. Mike bought me tickets to see Les Miserables {so excited!}, and he also bought me a box of chocolates. Literally. He picked out a bunch of different dark chocolates for me to try and find the best one. How sweet is that??

#chocolateisthewaytomyheart

Three years ago, I promised to be Mike's faithful partner...

...in sickness and in health
...in plenty and in want
...in times of joy and sorrow

I promised to love him unconditionally, to encourage and support him, and to willfully submit to him as the church submits to Christ.

I gave him my hand, my heart, and my love. 

And I am so glad I did. Now three years later, after times of sickness, health, plenty, want, joy, and sorrow...I would do it all over again. 

Babe, I love you so much, and I am so thankful to Jesus for the life He has given us. Happy Anniversary!




No comments:

Post a Comment