Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Reading List

I probably should have included this on my New Year's goals, but oh well. I will just make a separate post!

I definitely want to spend more time reading this year. It's actually one of Mike's goals to read more, as he used to read SO much more than he has in the last year. Since I am the new factor in his life that may have caused his reading decline...I figured if I spent more time reading, maybe he will too :)

To help me reach my goal of reading more, I thought I would come up with a reading list. I have stacks of books that I have wanted to read for such a long time...it's time to start knocking them out!

So here are some of the books I want to read this year {in no particular order} :

1. The Church Planting Wife, by Christine Hoover
I get to be a part of the launch team for this book, so I am very excited to get an advanced copy this week. I will be blogging about it for sure, so stay tuned!

2. Grace, by Max Lucado
This is what I am currently reading...a Christmas gift from my mom!

3. Emotional Fitness: Developing a Wholesome Heart, by David Furguson & Don McMinn
This is actually part of our residency reading, so Mike and I are making our way through this together. Might as well get credit for it!

4. Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, by John Piper & Wayne Grudem
I need to finish this one, as I started it last summer...

5. Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe, by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears
This is the one book Mike is recommending to our home group for our Essentials of the Faith series, so I think this should be part of the list. If he will let me borrow his copy ;)

6. Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City, by Tim Keller
Mike got this one for Christmas, and is currently reading it. So when he's done, I would like to. I want to read more of what he reads, especially when it comes to church planting.

7. The Knowledge of the Holy, by A.W. Tozer
One of those ones that I have just been meaning to read forever...

8. Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
This was one of my favorites in high school, and since we just saw the new movie...it's time for a re-read!

9. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
I have had so many tell me that this is a must read. So I am going to try to read it :)

10. Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives to Shape the Souls of Their Husbands, by Gary Thomas
My chosen marriage book for the year :)

I think 10 is a good start. Maybe a little ambitious; maybe not. We'll see!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment