Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Hope is Built

I really enjoy the quiet and stillness of the early morning hours. There's just something calming and fulfilling about being awake before the rest of the world around me. It's why I like to go for a run and have my quiet time in the mornings. I love waking up on my own before the alarm goes off. And I love sitting outside with a cup of coffee and the Word. Of course, I'm not always good about being super disciplined with these things, because I also really enjoy my sleep :) But when I get to bed on time, get a good night's rest, the weather cooperates, the sun is up at a decent time, and I have enough time to fit in a run and time with the Lord before work...it's perfect.

This morning the Lord woke me up before my alarm. I have blogged a few times about these early morning wake up calls, all from the Lord. I will be honest- sometimes they are unwelcome (did I mention that I like my sleep?) But I realized this morning what a blessing these wake up calls are. For me, they reassure me of His presence. Sometimes amidst the craziness of life, it's hard for to "feel" the Lord sometimes; meaning, at times it can feel like I am talking to the wind, just going through the motions, trying to feel close to Jesus. In the stillness of the morning, I can feel Him. I know that He is there, that He is near.

A lot of times, the Lord will wake me up early a) to convict my heart of sin (don't like those wake up calls as much haha), b) to have me pray for someone specific, or c) to place a song on my heart. This morning was a song :)

It's an oldie but a goodie:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Not gonna lie; slightly scared for what's ahead that the Lord would place this song on my heart now (knowing I will probably need it haha). But what an incredible and beautiful gift from Jesus.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment