Monday, February 27, 2012

Full But Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was full of activity, but still relaxing and recharging in many ways. Friday night I got to celebrate with my sweet friend Kelly at her lingerie shower! If you will remember, Kelly was in my Bible study group and I lived with her before the wedding. Mike and I got to celebrate with her and Clint at their engagement this past December. They are getting married in March (planning a fairytale wedding in Italy), and we are so excited for them!

It felt a little surreal to be at the shower, now on this side of marriage, since it felt like I was celebrating my own lingerie shower such a short time ago. But I was so happy to be there celebrating now with Kelly! It was fun to have a girls night and celebrate with her as she plans for married life.

Here is the blushing bride...her sister-in-law had a stack of boxes that contained sleepwear for varying stages in life - which is such a fun idea! - (hence the flannel moo moo hehe)


Saturday I headed over to Laura's to walk through our study of James and enjoy some lunch together. Then I headed back home to get ready for the evening. We were able to spend the evening with my brother, which was so great. I hadn't seen him in awhile, and so it was nice to spend time catching up with him. We also got to have dinner with our new friends the Kuykendalls and their sweet little boys.

Sunday we slept in, made waffles for breakfast, and just enjoyed a relaxing morning. My brother had spent the night, so we got to enjoy the lazy morning with him. While Mike and Michael played a little basketball on the Xbox (boys will be boys?), I got to sit and crochet while listening to their banter. Over the weekend I finally finished a hat I had been working on for Mike!


I actually struggled to find a good pattern. Not sure why (it could be my novice skills), but I liked this pattern and it actually started and finished looking like a hat haha :) I didn't include the stripe because this was a multi-colored yarn and nothing seemed to match very well. But Mike liked it and it fits!

Materials: 1 skein of Lion Brand Homespun Yarn in Edwardian
Tools: Crochet Hook Sizes K and J, scissors
Total Project Cost: $5.00

The rest of the afternoon was filled with catching up on laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping, but we each got to have a coffee date with a friend before we came home to make dinner. I actually really enjoy when Mike and I make dinner together. It's something we did a lot while we were dating, and I just really enjoy the time we spend preparing a meal together. Our Sunday night dinner was one of our new favorite recipes- grilling up some chipotle fish tacos. As always, the time seemed to go by way too quickly, but it was a great weekend, and I am so grateful for the time with sweet family and friends.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment