Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Married Life, Day #123

4 MONTHS WITH MY FAVORITE BOY

4 months ago, I married my favorite boy in the whole world. And 4 months later...he is still my favorite boy in the whole world :)

(Go ahead, gag now. And then get used to it, because I'm not going to stop haha).

Contrary to what he might say, I have no modeling gigs, and he's not my driver.
But we. look. AWESOME.  :)

Last night we had the joy of celebrating with some dear friends as they begin their journey toward married life. It was so fun to be a part of celebrating their brand new engagement!

SO excited for our sweet friends Clint and Kelly! :)

Mike and I both said how fun and special it was to think back on our engagement story. The joy and excitement, as well as the incredibly abundant blessings. I remember how incredibly happy I felt (and still do!) Not just an "oh that's nice" or "that's really fun" kind of happy. But a contented, heart-filling kind of happy. The kind that fills your heart and soul. The kind that graciously humbles you to the core. The kind that only comes from the generosity of Christ's love and His faithfulness of answered prayer. My prayer for our marriage is that we seek to honor Christ first in how we love each other and walk this life together. That we never lose the fun and excitement we felt when we got engaged, on our wedding day, and even now as newlyweds.

It's still kind of crazy to think that a year ago at this time, we were still dating. Little did I know what he was already planning... And now a year later, we are already 4 months married! It has definitely been a year of life changes; from getting engaged, planning a wedding, and getting married, to moving to McKinney. But I am so thankful that I have been able to face the changes with my favorite boy and my best friend.  :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment