Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY- Christmas Ribbon Tree

I found this super easy craft idea on the Michaels website. I was looking for something crafty to work on (after months of wedding projects, it has been weird not to have anything to work on). I also wanted to have a fun centerpiece to add to our Christmas decor.

Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
Materials: Styrofoam cone (8-inch pictured), various Christmas ribbons, straight pins, star topper
Tools: Scissors

I found these tiny tree toppers on sale, but you can also make your own star using cardstock and a tiny wooden dowel (or even a toothpick or pipe cleaner!)

Step 2: Cut Ribbon
Cut varying ribbon into 3-inch strips. I used 5 different red/silver ribbon designs, but choose the ribbon of your choice.


Step 3: Start Pinning!
Fold a strip of ribbon in half and pin to the bottom of the Styrofoam cone, starting at the bottom and alternating the ribbon designs. Once you make your way around the cone, begin pinning another layer to slightly overlap the one underneath, and start working your way up.


Step 4: Attach the Topper
I was able to just pin this star on the top, but you can also insert a wooden dowel with a paper star.


And, voila! Super simple Christmas decoration :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I think I'm going to try and make this as well. Thanks for posting instructions :)

    ReplyDelete