Monday, February 6, 2012

Girls' Weekend!

This weekend, Mike headed out to East Texas to speak at a men's retreat. So I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get some good girl time in with my mom and Laura. My mom came into town Thursday evening, and I took Friday off (my first PTO day in months!) so we were able to enjoy a good long weekend.

Friday we slept in, enjoyed a leisurely morning of coffee and conversation, sent the boys off to retreat, then the official girl time began. Laura met up with us, and we headed out to do a little shopping. We didn't buy anything, but it was fun to walk around and talk. I just have to say that I get a little inner happiness being out knowing that most others are at work and I am not. That may be bad, but the last few months at work have been busy and stressful. So I thoroughly enjoyed the day off! Friday night, my mom and I headed to Panera and Yumilicious for dinner and yogurt.

Saturday, we met my aunt and cousins for coffee at Starbucks. It was good to catch up with them and it was nice not to have to rush off anywhere. Saturday afternoon/evening were filled with craft projects, crocheting, and (attempts at watching) Chick Flicks. I know that doesn't sound uber-exciting, but it was so relaxing! I needed a lazy afternoon, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend it. And it was 10x better to spend it with my mom and Laura! :)

Sunday morning, my mom and I had a little bit of a repeat of Friday morning, enjoying coffee and conversation and watching church online. I was sad to see my mom go, but I am SO thankful for the weekend I had with her. It was completely relaxing, filled with girly fun, and I thank Jesus for sweet times with my mom.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in your weekend! I love getting to hang out with you girls!!

    ReplyDelete