Monday, August 21, 2006

Looking Back at an Amazing Week...and Looking Forward to a Great Year

So I had an amazing week hanging out with freshmen.  I was a welcome week leader and it was so much fun! I basically had the most amazing group- they were really excited about Baylor and we had really great attendance. I was so impressed with them- they had more courage than I had my freshman year. I really wish that I had been more confident and outgoing my first year...oh well. They went all out, had no problem meeting people, and were a lot of fun. And they were all just really cute. We had some long days in the scorching heat, but it was so worth it. I am glad that I was a welcome week leader and only regret that I won't be able to do something like this again.
 
Today I started my senior year!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to say that. Yesterday at church, Kyle had the graduating seniors stand...and it pretty much made my day. It's incredible that I have finally made it, but at the same time, I am so shocked that it is already here. A senior. Crazy. On that note...I am really looking forward to what God has for me this year. My biggest fear is that I will graduate in May without a job. But after this summer, I am stepping out in faith, just waiting to see where He takes me. I really am at peace about it. Also, as much as I hate to be a girl about it, I have to admit that I also somewhat fear graduating without finding the guy I thought God would have for me here at Baylor. It actually has been on my mind a lot lately, and I have really had to pray against it consuming my thoughts. It just gets lonely at times, that's all. And friends getting married makes it hard, Baylor culture is annoying about it, etc. But God came to the rescue yet again, and definitely spoke to me last night at the Candlelight Service. He reminded me of His love for me, and reminded me that it was enough. And it is. And there is nothing in this world, no one in this world, that could ever replace or fill that desire/need in my heart.
 
God has been faithful to provide a specific song or prayer each semester that He has desired to be my focus for that particular semester. A "theme," if you will. One of the songs we sang last night, God gave me as the prayer for this fall semester...
 
Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Jesus, give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you
 
To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you
 
So this semester, I am passionately pursuing Christ. Not that I haven't before...it's just a different mindset this time. And it couldn't be more true that nothing in this world comes close to comparing to falling more and more in love with my Savior. I'm starting to get teary-eyed again just typing this...haha. I am just overwhelmed anew by my Savior's love and desire to have an intimate relationship with me. So in the midst of all the amazing things He has already set before me to start this senior year, you can find me running after my Savior..and if I am not- call me out on it .

No comments:

Post a Comment