Sunday, August 13, 2006

God's Perfect Timing...And a Desperate Prayer

So it's right about now that we should cue the "I told you so"s. "I told you that God would provide." "I told you that God is faithful." "I told you that God has a plan." And you are more than welcome to pitch one in if you feel the need- because God's timing is perfect and all of the above is true. And I see that now. It took me a little longer to recognize it this time, but I think I finally got it. God did provide, He is faithful, and He does have a plan! I am specifically referring to the fact that I got the internship at Pendley! I can't tell you how incredibly excited I am!!! And I can honestly say that it's not just because I got the very thing I have been praying for. Because I can say in my heart of hearts, after this summer, that I was prepared to continue waiting on God if this one didn't work out. You may not believe it...and that's ok. I don't do too well with this stuff. But if you could see how God has been molding my heart this summer...

So I start my internship in September. I will get paid, and I will graduate on time! Which is always a nice thing to know for sure. I am excited about learning the business and pitching in whatever talents God has provided for me. Tomorrow starts welcome week training and I am getting really excited! I will do more sic 'em bears! in this next week to probably last a lifetime, but it will be lots of fun. I get to share with the incoming freshmen how great Baylor is, be crazy, and have lots of fun...what could be better than that?

On a more serious note...if you think about it, could you pray for my brother? God has really placed him on my heart lately. I love my brother. As far as brothers go, he's the best there is. But recently things have changed in our relationship and my heart is breaking. He's changing, but I can't say it's for the better. He's just straying a lot from God and it's starting to scare me. I have been praying for several years now that God would bring a godly mentor into his life, but I have yet to see that prayer answered. We hardly ever talk anymore, which is the hardest part of all of this. I could at least count on the fact that he would call and talk to me, even if he wouldn't talk to my parents. Now he hardly even sticks around when I am at home, so I never see him. He's starting to make some decisions that wouldn't be my vote on a godly decision, and I am just worried about him. I fear that the friends he surrounds himself with are only tearing him down, not building him up in Christ. I am seeing less and less evidence of a daily walk with Christ...there are some other things; just know that there is cause to be concerned. I'm sending up some desperate prayers for him and ask that you would join me...

No comments:

Post a Comment