Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Last Day of School!

We wrapped up school, and we now officially have 2 first graders and a {new} kindergartener!

Eli did so well this year! He was ready to rock kindergarten when we started, and he definitely did all year. He jumped right into math and reading, and he really loved science.




Maddie was a little skeptical of school, but she ended up doing so well! She also jumped right into math and reading, but she really loved music and art.




Aiden was not as interested in school this year, and he pretty much stayed that way all year haha. Every day, he would ask if we had to do school, and whenever I said "yes," he would let out a really big sigh and say "do we have to??" He technically didn't have to do school, but he hung in there with Eli and Maddie, learning all of kindergarten math! I gave him a pass on reading, and we'll start this summer, but overall he did really well. He was the MOST excited to be done :)




I am so thankful for such a good year. I wasn't sure how things would go; I took a big leap deciding to homeschool, mostly because it was something I never thought I would do. But it turns out, the kids did really well, and we had a great year. There is still a lot to learn, and I in no way have it all figured out. But I appreciate the freedom we have to match our school schedule to our life, and I love tailoring their education to each of their individual needs. The Lord was incredibly gracious to us, and we are looking forward to continuing our homeschooling journey next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment